Thursday, June 2, 2011

Catching Up: Spring Break

For Matt's spring break this year we headed to Alaska to visit my family. We hadn't seen each other since September and 7 months was just too long to not make the trek home! Time in AK consists of catching up with one another, playing with aunties and uncles and Nana and Poppy (of course), great food, rest, hanging out with just my parents when children go to bed, being at Wasilla Bible Church and seeing dear friends, a midwifery appointment, celebrating a best friend's birthday and Matt having lots of time to run, workout and do all things boy with my brothers! :) Here's a few pictures from our visit.

The joy of being with Poppy...a whole apple all to myself!






Meeting Daisy



This chair is kinda special...before Reese, I had it as a girl
and before me it was my mom's!

Playing kitchen with Aunt Elise

Reese and daddy

Happy girl and her spaghetti!

Attending the Easter Tea with Elise and mom

Visiting the Iditarod museum as a family...
I felt like a tourist! :)



Easter 2011


Trying to figure out what to do with these colorful things!



The plane ride home...a much nicer experience than going to AK.
Good job, Reese!

God is so kind to give us memories that we can look back on and cherish. This trip was one of those times. It was hard to say goodbye but so much easier knowing we'd be back in only a few short weeks. And that's right around the corner now! 8 more days and we'll get on a plane to wait for Allie to arrive. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment