Thursday, March 3, 2011

An Alaskan Summer

We made the choice about a month ago after an incredible offer from our friend Judi Davidson to spend about 6 weeks in my hometown for the summer. You Alaskans know just by seeing Judi's name what that means. For the rest of my friends...we will (Lord willing and everything continues to go smoothly as it has) be delivering Allie at this amazing place, MatSu Midwifery.


It was a long deliberated decision. One we wanted to carefully pray through, determine if this was the best way for our family to have this second baby and whether we could actually leave California for so long with Matt's job. If I was due any other time of the year this would be impossible but since Matt has the summers off and there is plenty of time before and after my due date, it seemed that it would be the most ideal time to deliver this way. For now all of my appointments are at the local doctor's office but starting June 18th or so, we will head north and be in the wonderful care of the midwives. 

The whole process of birth makes me swallow hard. It's not easy to have a smile on my face when thinking about going through this again. Having Reese was the hardest thing I've ever gone through but knowing I will be in such wonderful care and with ladies I know and trust makes this looming event a lot easier to anticipate.

Another added bonus about birthing in my home state is all the time we will have to live with my family. I am so excited about this just because of how much they miss out on as Reese grows. To have that quality time together will be memories I know we will cherish for years to come.

4 comments:

  1. ash, that is so exciting!! i'm thrilled for you. there are lots and lots of stories of second babies being much easier to deliver. i hope this is the case with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. If you're up here for that long maybe we'll get to see you and meet your family. Sounds like things are going well and what a delight for your parents to get to be around the new little one when she arrives.

    Laua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Those types of decisions are so hard! What a blessing to be near your family for your second little one's birth! And, you'll have plenty of help with Reese! :) AND... it won't be super hot during the summer during the last weeks of your pregnancy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I LOVE this!! And giving birth to Annika there after 3 hospital births, was by far the best decision we ever made in regards to pregnancy/childbirth. You'll love it. It was SOOOOO much better than our alternative. Praying for you, and am so excited!

    ReplyDelete