Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's A...

GIRL!!!

This news completely surprised and shocked us! In fact, Matt was so surprised he asked the tech to say it again. I then asked...Are you sure?!? Can you check 2 or 3 more times? This little girl had us completely fooled! A very different pregnancy, carrying higher and lots of stronger kicks then I ever felt with Reese this early all pointed to blue in our minds. But we really couldn't be happier. I felt like I was in shock all evening. Other than being overjoyed for a sister for Reese, we really feel that the Lord has shown us kindness just in providing for us even in our baby's gender. We are thankful to have everything we need for another girl. My mother-in-love Missy even found us a double stroller that is almost like new from a garage sale down the street. It's exactly what I would have been looking for had we shopped for one. 


Back to our appointment...we had a wonderful technician who spent a lot of time with us once she had all the pictures she needed and even showed us how to identify a girl. We believe everything checks out healthy and developing normally and if there is reason for concern they will let us know at our next doctor's appointment. She let us bring lots of pictures home and didn't seem to mind that there were 5 of us all together in the room. Matt's parents were able to join us for their first view of grandbaby #2. An extra delight to share it with them!


Our little alien girl. :)



The (4) of us right after we found out the news!

Her name:

Allie Joelle

Allie means "truth" while Joelle means "the Lord is willing". We don't usually choose our children's names based on their meaning but I especially love this one. We pray daily that our girls will walk in truth and come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior at an early age. While everything else in this life is unpredictable, untrustworthy and at times misleading, Our God is the God of truth! The meaning of her middle name makes me smile...we really weren't expecting this precious little one so soon but the Lord is willing and so graciously and kindly blessed us with her and goes before us as we trust Him. I want to remember this all the days of being Allie Joelle's mommy.

When we were in the car driving to our appointment I video taped Matt asking him what he thought we were having. His response: I think we're having a boy but I would be very happy for an Allie girl. Afterwards I said, Honey...you are going to be completely out-numbered now to which his reply was: "I'd be the happiest man alive if I was the dad to all girls!"

Thanks to all you dear friends who wrote a comment, prayed for our ultrasound or just stopped by to read our report. Our hearts are so full and blessed.

3 comments:

  1. The Lord is so good!! Love all 4 of you- Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out Ash! You might just have a little tomboy in there! :) I am so happy for you three and look forward to seeing you all in April! Love ya

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY <3 YAY <3 YAY <3 Can't wait to meet our little Allie Joelle! Scoping high and low for cute outfits at BabyGap!

    -A very excited Aunt Mollie

    ReplyDelete