Friday, July 8, 2011

39 weeks


6 more days until the date that babycenter.com told me way back on November 7th we could possibly see our girl. It's amazing to think the time has come. So many prayers, so many thoughts, emotions, conversations and desires leading up to this point. 

What a faithful and loving God I serve! He met me when I was at a very low point in this pregnancy just a week ago. All the thoughts and feelings and emotions came to a head where I was just too overwhelmed to think anymore. The Lord so graciously reminded me that I just needed to stop. To pray. To get on my knees and completely let go and surrender this birth to Him! Through a conversation with my midwife, the Lord reminded me that He has designed and created me to do this! I have everything I need to birth this baby and when I'm at my weakest point and feel as though I can't go on, He will be there to offer His grace, strength and endurance. After hearing these words, I just sat back and sighed deeply. I've wrongfully tried to shoulder this burden on my own and really have just been living in my own strength. It's through Christ and His blood that I have forgiveness of this sin...not trusting and depending on Him! This too brought such great relief. After pouring out my heart in prayer, God showed Himself in Psalm 63. I plan to have Matt read this many times throughout labor. The truth is so powerful. 

"when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me."

How incredible that the words King David wrote so many hundreds of years ago still apply to me today! God is my help. I can safely trust in Him and His right hand will uphold me.

My 39 week appointment was encouraging! Things are starting to happen. I'm 40% effaced and 1 1/2 cm dilated. Her head is still pretty high (at about a -2 station for those who know what that means) so I've been instructed to keep walking 45-50 minutes every day. Judi doesn't forsee Allie arriving before my due date but she did say that you never know what can happen. She just needs to drop and things could go quickly from there. 

So we continue to wait and enjoy this time with just 3 of us. My sister and her boyfriend arrive tonight. I'm really excited to meet Stephen and to finally see Diana after 11 months!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, we are all praying, Ashee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do great! I thought you were the most amazing woman ever after you told me about Reese's birth. Praying for you in the days ahead!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying Allie comes soon! you look great.

    ReplyDelete