Thursday, July 7, 2011

While We've Been Waiting...

Our days have been full and fun since we've been up here in the Last Frontier! Between Father's Day, my mom and dad's birthdays, a day at the Alaska Zoo, going to the train station in Wasilla, visiting the Alaska Museum of Transportation and many beautiful and sunny days spent outside, we have really enjoyed this time of waiting for Allie to come. This is also the reason why only one blog post has been done since our arrival. I plan to change that...at least for the remaining time that Allie is on the inside.

Family Day at the Zoo!


Reese's first time visiting the zoo
 and seeing a polar bear

Cutie siblings

Trying to stay warm as we wait for the train at the station

A breakfast out at Colony Kitchen with mom and dad!

Mom's birthday dinner...beer battered halibut! So so good!







What a special joy it was to celebrate my mom's birthday with her! It had been 6 years since I was here in Alaska on July 2nd and we had a great day. I love you mom and am so thankful for the godly influence and example you are to me daily. I've really enjoyed having many days just to be in your home again and to feel like we live next door. :)

Our little family waiting for the 4th of July parade in downtown
Wasilla to start!

Hanging out with Poppy and Nana




The candy-hungry kiddos!

The 3 of us took a morning to visit the local museum for Alaska's history on transportation. We saw trains, snow machines, planes, boats and lots of neat pictures of homesteaders who came to settle this land.






That's all for now but starting tomorrow my sister and her boyfriend arrive so unless baby decides to come in the next day or so (which I don't think she will) I'll have more to post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment