Friday, September 9, 2011

Updates on the girls


Allie at 1 month:

~Already to 10 pounds! We had to hit the size 1 diapers way sooner than with Reese. Made me really sad to see my newborn grow so fast!

~A day shy of 6 weeks she started smiling. She smiles all the time in her sleep and I'm really hoping its a sign that she'll be a happy baby.

~Allie loves people and attention. When one of us hasn't spoken to her or interacted with her in awhile she'll start to cry. As soon as we give her attention, she's a happy little clam. Takes after her mama in the social department. :)

~ The car and for that matter the car seat is NOT her friend. This has been a shock to my system because Reese (for the most part) loved the car and to go places. R and I both have gotten used to our drives consisting of constant, no let-up screams and wails. It breaks my heart and I'm hoping she outgrows it soon.

~ Allie loves Reese. She likes to watch her, when Reese comes in to her line of vision, and often will give her a big smile.

~Allie is an amazing sleeper! I'm so blessed and so thankful for this! Last night she had her best night yet of 10 hours straight.


Reese at 17 months:

~ Reese loves her little sister. She loves to give kisses, pats on the head and always has to tell her goodnight. She's done so well with the transition of someone else taking mommy's attention!

~She's into EVERYTHING! I thought I had "babyproofed" the house when she started crawling but being a walker has brought a whole new meaning to that phrase.

~Thus because of the above statement discipline has increased 10 fold. I'm more worn out at the end of the day because of Reese than my 7 week old baby. She has started to push the boundaries and is quickly learning that we aren't budging. I'm learning that consistency is the key and to back my word even if it means discipling once nursing is finished.

~ It brings me so much joy to watch Reese play by herself...something she's getting better at. Especially when she takes her books off the shelf and looks at them without Matt or I.

~Slowly starting to put two words together: "all done mommy" and "bye bye daddy" are two that we've caught on to at least for now.

~ Taking walks in the evenings and bath time are two of her favorite daddy times.

~ Going to Marmee's house during the week. She's starting to recognize her Grandparents house when we drive up and I LoVe that we live close by!!!

~Saying "Poppy" and "Nana" on ichat when we talk to my parents. Love that too!!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    My reese was just like that in the carseat. SO hard. I seriously stayed home almost 100% for those first few months... just wasn't worth it! I did all my shopping when ian came home at night!
    its hard to hear and not cry, but it does get better. Reese is now a happy carseat-lovin baby now! :)

    i love your sweet positive writing.. very encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    Zach was the same way with car seat...he'd scream until he threw up. It went on for months...so at 4 months we bought a different car seat. We went to a Britax Marathon convertible...and all fits ceased. Kind of crazy...but he just hated the Graco infant car seat. That might be an idea to try:) Oh...and we put a mirror in front of him...so he could look at himself:)
    You're kids are so cute! I don't know how you do it with them being so close in age! I'm exhausted with them being 3 and 1!

    ReplyDelete