Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Year and a Half

I pulled Reese out of her crib yesterday and sang the "Happy Halfyear" song to her. She smiled and listened to the whole thing before going about her usual conversation of "uh-oh" everything {lovies she deems important} is on the floor.

Can't believe my baby toddler is 1 1/2!!! Just too old if you ask me! I know some exciting {and nerve-wracking} things are around the corner like potty training, moving to a big bed and a full on conversationalist and we can't wait for those but really!?! I'd like her to be a "wittle" girl just a bit longer. I guess that's why the Lord gave us Allie so quickly. So we could keep on enjoying babyhood!

So without further ado...here's our 18 month old:


I love that her personality is showing itself more and more. The below picture is proof of that! She's starting to understand what it means when the camera comes out and I say smile.



~ After her checkup she is 21.6 lbs! Yowza! That would put her in the 13th percentile. She's in the 45th percentile for height and head circumference so the doctor isn't concerned. She'll probably just continue being a little feather weight. :)

~Though not the most flattering of words...her favorite one to say is "poop". I'll hear this whenever she's actually gone #2 or it's just gas. All I have to say is hopefully potty training will be a cinch because she's so aware of her bowels.

~I think we should buy a farm...or at least stock in the milk industry. Milk is Reese's favorite drink and if I'd let her, she'd drink it all day long. 

~Reese LOVES with a capital "L" crackers! Anything such as Cheese Its, chips, pretzels or crackers themselves constitutes a cracker and it is just oh.so.exciting when we open the pantry door to get her one.

~She has learned the importance of prayers before eating and if I forget to pray before starting our meal, she'll hold her hand out {to hold mine} and say please. Lord, may her heart always be tender towards You and the things that matter to You.

~I am happy to report...yes, with a huge smile on my face...that she is now so so excited to go to nursery on Sunday mornings! I'm not sure what changed but starting about 4 weeks ago there was no kicking and screaming nor tearing my hair out as we pried her away to go to her "teacher." YAY!!! In fact, I couldn't pass her off soon enough 2 weeks ago and she kept trying to get out of my arms to go play. What a blessing!

~Still getting better and better at playing by herself. I'm excited for the day when Allie gets to join her.



4 comments:

  1. how quickly the time goes... you have such a heavenly mindset to enjoy each moment, Ashley/Mommy- Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's precious. i love reading about your love for your girls and being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like to put just the head in her and cum.

    ReplyDelete