Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Watcha Been Up To??

Time doesn't really stand still...at least around here. As Matt and I were falling asleep the other night he said to me, "The days are just going by so fast!" And they are. It feels as though once your baby reaches the 6 month mark, everything gets much easier and you can be on the move a lot more.

Here's a little of what we've been up to:


Made this incredible soup for dinner this past weekend. It's an oldie but a goodie recipe. You can cut the cost down by choosing to boil and shred a couple of chicken breasts instead of buying a rotisserie chicken. HERE is the recipe!

This plus a warm blanket snuggled next to my husband is where you could find me Sunday night after we got home from church and the girls were in bed. You also might have found us watching this. We are completely hooked!!




This girl is all over the place with rolling! She's figured out how to get where she wants to go by scooting around and it's so fun to watch her entertain herself. Reese never did that. She'd just get fussy as soon as you put her on her tummy. So thankful and happy to have a content baby this time around.


These two cuties have moved in together! We are rejocing to have our bedroom and living room back to ourselves at night and they couldn't be doing a better job with it! What a HUGE gift from the Lord. Matt and I were beyond nervous/fearful/concerned about how this would go down but except for one bump in the road they haven't been apart. I think Allie even sleeps better being with sissy! She's gone from getting up twice in the night to sleeping from 7:30pm to 6am! Yay Yay Yay!

Reese is putting more and more words together. She's really close to saying {almost} complete sentences. The BIG one came Sunday afternoon. The phrase you've been wanting to hear since you first caught a glimpse of your baby. Those 3 beautiful words: I.Love.You! Matt and I were ecstatic while Reese beamed. Music to our hearts. A few other ones for the record: Come on, Daddy. Go Bye Bye to Marmee's House? Shhh! Allie Sleeping! Breakfust? I hungry. Show daddy boomboom! (Wanted to show daddy her new Valentine's balloon.)


On Sunday night Matt and I became members of our church we've been attending since September 2010! We are so thankful for the privilege to serve and be ministered to with this body of believers! After the Right Hand of Fellowship was extended to us we both were overwhelmed by the love and warm welcome we received from the rest of the congregation. We are hopeful of what the Lord has planned for us here as we grow in our church home. If it comes to mind...please be praying for this group of believers as well as our elders. We are in the midst of searching for a pastor.

And last but not least Matt surprised me with an early Valentines/Birthday/almost Christmas present (maybe that's taking it a bit too far) when I opened this on Monday. I have no idea what I'm doing yet but am so excited to begin learning about this amazing camera! I've already gotten a few great tips but if you have any suggestions PLEASE leave me a comment. I've got a lot to read up on!




Here's my very first picture.


I know it's not the greatest but I'm just so excited with how great the colors look and the attention to detail. Don't laugh if you're a pro and are thinking how terrible this pic looks. :)

A few more:




1 comment:

  1. You two are doing a great job! We are excited to see you in May; it can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete