Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Going back to work...

Before you gasp and think, "what in the world?!?" just know that I get to do this new job from the comfort of my own home and with my one co-worker being my super amazing, all-star hubby!

We have been praying, waiting and praying some more for the opportunity to become apartment managers in our own complex for the past 2 years. We trusted that the Lord knew the best timing (and even if this would be the best situation for our family) and stepped back to see when and how He would direct us. What seemed like out of the blue...we just assumed it was looking like a "no" from the Lord...we were asked if we'd be interested in doing an interview. The same day we were offered the job! We took some time to prayerfully consider all the ways this would impact us as a family and a few days later gave our acceptance. 

Gulp! We've never managed 33 families/units before. It's a big step and the learning process can at times seem daunting and overwhelming. BUT...we're thankful for the ways God is providing for us. We're thankful for our own little "house" that's a unit all by itself within the complex. A backyard for the girls to run and play. A washer and dryer INSIDE our home (a first in our 5 1/2 years of marriage). An office to do all this management work plus a space for Matt to spread out and do his teacher planning/grading thing! The biggest blessing of all...getting to put money into savings for {Lord willing} a future downpayment on a home! 

All of this has led to packing the home we've loved for the past 3 years. I'm gonna get a little nostalgic here. ;) It's been a lot harder than I thought it would to leave #107 behind. This is the place we discovered we were going to be parents and then parents again so quickly! We've brought both our babies home here, set up their nursery, had countless nighttime feedings. Many friends and family members have stayed with us, had meals, game nights, movie watching and surprise birthdays! I guess I can start to feel that by moving away from this home I'm leaving behind all the events that happened within these walls. 
And then the other part of me pipes in with...but you're going to make so many new and wonderful memories where you're going. You will come to love it just as much (maybe even a little more) than the previous one. You will look back a few years from now and think...did I ever feel that way? And I would have to agree with this other part of my brain. Matt said the same words to me when we left our first home (the only home I'd known with him). They are right, I just tend to hold on to what I know and am comfortable with tightly.

So I step out in faith. Trusting the Lord that He is leading and guiding us in this next chapter as apartment managers. I'm so grateful for all the ways He is taking care of us and how we've never lacked for anything. He will continue to be the same Jehovah Jireh and Covenant keeping God!

I took some pictures of apt #107 so as not to forget. Enjoy!






I spy something orange! ;)

And blue!

Guest bathroom




Master Bath

3 comments:

  1. Ahh this makes me sad to remember all the great memories I had with you in apt 107! You bringing Reese home and me coming to see you, watching chic flick movies and laughing, and all out settlers competitions! But I'm so excited for this opportunity for you guys... Maybe you will eventually be close to us :)

    Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great, Ash! So happy for you guys! I know you'll make wonderful managers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to your new nest!!!! it is BEAUTIFUL and makes me want to be your neighbor...but that would mean we would have coffee at naptime and our laughter or our tears would wake the babies. SHOOT! just stopping by to say I love you and your precious fam and this new blog set up :) have a great week. we start school at Howell Academy! Pray for me. Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete