Thursday, February 24, 2011

11 months and other news




Can't believe this girl is almost one! Next month I'll do a comparison of all her monthly pictures with her Hershey bear but seriously...she is just too big for me!

Reese's Pieces:

  • She has become miss personality especially when daddy walks through the door at night. She loves to be chased around the house, loves to play and LoVeS anything and everything having to do with animals! It really makes me excited for the day when we (hopefully) can have a dog...there will be no end to her joy.
  • She has turned in to a great little sleeper! I was worried (and probably shouldn't have been) with such a hard beginning and many wake-ups but now unless there's something wrong...like sickness or teething, she sleeps 12 hours almost on the dot. Her usual wake up time is 7:30 and that's been a huge blessing for this preggo mama!
  • She's jabbering and "talking" a ton! "Mama" and "Dada" are the two words we know for sure but often we will hear her saying "Ba" for her bear, bottle or ball.
  • Reese has 5 teeth!!! And I can't go another minute without acknowledging the BEST thing for teething thanks to my friend Ashley! Seriously, yesterday I was playing around with Reese when I noticed there was another sharp "object" in her mouth besides the four pearly whites I've become accustomed to. It was a tooth and not just the whites of it but completely broken through and partially above her gum. I had NO idea this little guy was even on its way. I attribute no crying and no pain to her necklace from www.hazelaid.com. It blew me away because Reese has a terrible time with teething. Praising the Lord for this amazing find!! Our next baby will be getting one of these necklaces no matter what gender they are. (Matt's almost with me on this one!)
  • She knows and understands who Aunt Courtney is. The other day I asked her where Aunt Coco was and she looked out the window and all around the apartment. :) Love that we have family in our apartment complex and all the interaction she gets with them!

So that is Reese in a nutshell. 

As for baby #2...today marks the 1/2 way point (20 weeks) and definitely an exciting milestone. :) He or she weighs about 10 ounces and is 10 inches long...our little string bean! We have our big ultrasound scheduled for Monday to find out what baby is and I'm definitely excited/nervous just as I was with Reese. If you think about it, pray for us as they do all the normal tests to make sure baby is growing and developing as it should. If there is anything concerning this will be when they find that out. 

AND...I'd love to know what you all think we are having! Matt and I both would like another girl but we are pretty sure this time around it's a boy! :) Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. We love hearing from you! I'll be sure to update the blog once we know.

One more highlight...Matt felt baby move for the first time two nights ago. It's so amazing as the mother to feel your baby move and kick inside of you but to be able to share that with your husband and the daddy of this little person is even better.



5 comments:

  1. You look great Ashley!! I'm guessing another girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Nonnie says we should do another "bet" for the real due date! I am guessing a boy- but he/she will be greatly loved!-Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese is such a sweetie!!! That teething thing is crazy! Does Reese actually wear that necklace, or does the mom??? I'm confused, and maybe a little desperate for teething relief as well :)

    I say... GIRL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what you are having, but I'm sure it will be fun. :) You are looking great too!! Love ya sis

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing boy, but only because that's what you think it is. Mommy knows best :-)

    I'm also curious about that teething necklace. Are they safe? I know...dumb question...I'm sure they are or else you wouldn't use them. Ava just cut her first two teeth and I wonder if one of those would help her.

    Oh, and you look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete