Saturday, May 21, 2011

Catching up...

I am so behind in the blogging world. I'm the kind of person that once something seems daunting or overwhelming, I freeze and feel like I can't catch up. The fact that I haven't blogged since April 7th is sad...but I'll bring the blog up to speed in the next week or so. We've been busy with a trip to Alaska for Matt's spring break, celebrating Easter with my family, attending Matt's formal event at school, Mother's Day, watching our brother-in-law Jeremiah graduate from Seminary and celebrating May birthdays! Lots of fun things that have kept me away from the computer. Some of these events will get their own post but until then I'll fill this one with some of my recent favorites.

All dressed and ready to go
to the Gala...30 weeks pregnant!

Reese and the Talcott boys just by coincidence
wearing their Auburn gear on the same day.

Out to dinner at Gladstone's for Jeremiah's graduation...the shiny
thing in front of me is a tin foil elephant holding my leftovers. :)

Celebrating Mollie turning 21!

Baby Allie is doing really well! I had an ultrasound two weeks ago to check fluid levels, growth, position and everything was great! Allie is even head-down which is something that's pretty important when you're birthing with midwives. What a relief to hear she had turned since my previous visit she was still head-up. I really can't believe there's only about 7 1/2 weeks to go. This pregnancy has flown compared to Reese. Up until about 2 weeks ago, I forgot many times that I was pregnant. It wasn't until she'd kick or I'd look down that I'd remember. Reese has kept me on my toes and for that distraction I'm thankful. I've now entered the "I want my body back" stage and feel that I'm close to being ready for this birth to happen. 

Baby Allie at 32 weeks

These next two pictures are of the 6 of us taking Mollie to dinner to celebrate her turning 21! Those that could had drinks in her honor. :) We dined at Cafe Fiore in Ventura...about an hour north of Santa Clarita and the consensus was that the food and atmosphere were amazing, the service not so much. We had a great time as the 7 of us siblings enjoying one another for the evening and a special thanks goes to the parents (Matt's) for watching Reese. 



The favoritest picture of all...my cutie, sweetie girl who is now 14 months! Her hair is long enough to get into a tiny little ponytail on top her head and I love it! Can't wait until I can start braiding. 
Reese is:
~working on teeth numbers 11 and 12
~barely walking...only does it when she must
~is saying so many words: apple, bird, car, hi, bye, bear, Papa, dada, mama, "pa" for paci
~sleeping like a champ
~finally hit the clingy stage and cries every time someone takes her from Matt or I and especially when we leave her ~ the blessing is it doesn't last but a minute and she's back to her happy self
~can't get enough of outside, walks in the stroller and seeing every kind of animal there is
-for the first time, she pointed to mama's tummy when we asked where baby is!! she's learning!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are 32 weeks already... Time flies when you aren't the one that's pregnant ;) although my second pregnancy went way faster than the first. Maybe it had something to do with chasing a toddler around. Hope you are feeling good still. Miss you Soot.

    ReplyDelete