Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A few of my favorite things

I love it when my friends post about things they love. It gives me ideas and things to look out for when someone asks me..."so what do you want for your birthday or Christmas?" Being that this month is May and Mother's Day and my birthday just happen to fall in the same month, I have a few things I've recently been enjoying.



I'm in love with this perfume! I've always been a Miracle and Happy Heart kind a girl and this third scent is a perfect addition to those two. Matt surprised me with this pretty bottle in the mail a few days after Mother's Day and it really makes my day feel a little brighter when I wear it.


These amazing glasses are my birthday gift from Matt! Having a gift card for half of what they cost made them all the more affordable for us and I really love them. We decided to go with the polaroid pair. I'm glad we did. They are oh so comfortable and a mix between sporty and stylish.





Next is what I believe will become my favorite pair of shoes...and yes they are bold red! My sister in laws Mollie and Monika bought me these and I couldn't stop thanking them. I've wanted a pair of Toms ever since I saw them on Mollie for the first time. And while I didn't tell them what color I wanted, I was really hoping they'd choose red. These will be a great alternative to flip flops this summer with all the mosquitos Alaska boasts of! Speaking of flip flops...




Whether you live in a warm climate or not, if you don't own a pair of rainbow flip flops, drop everything right now and run to the store. They will pay for themselves over and over again and are worth every penny! If you live in SoCal...go to the Rainbow outlet store in San Clemente. Seriously...these things last FOREVER and are the most comfortable flip flop there is (*Disclaimer*: once you've broken them in). They mold to your feet and almost become a customized shoe that fits just to you. I love these things and wish I had a pair in every color. They're amazing! And while they weren't a birthday gift, they've been the gift that keeps on giving.


This is making my home smell so good right now!


Though not a bday gift, these beautiful roses have been smiling at me the last few mornings thanks to my friend Doreen. I love flowers and especially roses!



Hanging out with my girl is definitely one of my favorites!






Lastly, eating Menchie's! Anytime. Anywhere. With anyone but especially my little family! Reese had her first introduction to "ice cream" tonight and it's safe to say it was a hit. The picture of the 3 of us captured her not so happy that there was a temporary pause to take a picture. Yikes! Hope you enjoyed a few of my favorites!




1 comment: