Saturday, May 28, 2011

What a Surprise!

For my birthday I received a card from my sister-in-laws that said..."Sister night on us: Dinner, Dessert and a Chick-flick." They chose Friday night to take me out and just enjoy time for us to be girls, sisters and friends. I decided Wolf Creek would be our dinner spot, Monika said she was making a chocolate and raspberry cake and we'd figure out the movie.

Dinner was amazing! I'd forgotten how much I liked this place...it just kind of fell off my radar. We chose the balcony and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Great food. Wonderful company. We had the best time.




Once dinner was eaten we headed over to Monika's to enjoy THIS. I'd been dreaming about this cake ever since Monika had sent me the link of what she'd decided to make for dessert. 

I had no suspicion of what was to come. The girls were so normal. We walked into the house just like any other time and the only thing that seemed strange when we got inside was that all 3 of them were looking at me and then looking to the corner of the room. I followed their gaze to find 3 of my sweet friends huddled in the corner who at that moment let out "Surprise!" I really was! I had thought I was there to take off my shoes, kick back and enjoy the movie. How much more fun to have a party instead!

Monika, Courtney and Mollie thought of everything. Pink carnations, yummy taffy from Trader Joe's, gum drops, chocolate truffles, a mommy quiz, a beautiful sign that said, "Welcome Allie", pink lemonade, water and beautiful sunflowers to take home as a party favor! It was a sweet, intimate time of catching up with my friends, talking about being mommies and just enjoying one another's fellowship. I'm so thankful for the evening! Since we're having another girl, we're pretty much ready for everything Allie will need except for diapers. So...the gals were kind enough to have a diaper shower! Such a blessing to us!



And here are two pictures of that amazing cake...there aren't words to describe how good this was! Thanks, Moni, for letting me take home TWO pieces. Needless to say, it's already gone but I did have a lot of help!



Thank you to my sisters who spoiled me like crazy! I had such a wonderful time and was truly surprised...you caught me completely off guard! :) Thank you to the gals who came and showered us with wonderful gifts! You are a blessing to our family and I'm thankful we could spend that time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment