Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Little Glitz and Glam

It's the girl in me. 
Either that or the fact that life has changed to where the opportunity to dress-up, have my hair done and do a little extra make-up doesn't really happen these days. So when Matt has a formal at school to attend, I jump at the chance. It's a free date for us and a night for the girls to be with their grandparent(s). 

But when it comes down to it...I can't do my hair in an up-do to save my life. Enter my amazing sis-in-law Monika! She was so kind to let me come over, hold/kiss/cuddle with Hayden and use up her afternoon to curl and pin my hair. And do my eye make-up! And feed me a cupcake on the way out the door (that was just an extra tidbit of info for ya!). What a blessing to have talent right in your family.





It's important to have a nice dress for these occasions as well. And since I've been pregnant or feeding a baby for 2 years, I didn't have much to choose from. So...I asked my dear friend Kelly if she could peruse through her closet and find me something. She did indeed and I brought 4 dresses home with me to try on. The one I chose...I really don't want to give back {although I will}. It fit so nicely and when I was all finished getting ready Matt said to me, "That's one of the nicest dresses you've worn in awhile!" So thank you so much Kelly! 

And finally, we definitely couldn't have gone anywhere if it weren't for Papa Mehringer watching our girlies on the home front. Marmee and Papa both were planning to be with the girls but our nephew Noah decided to be born 2 1/2 weeks early. Marmee went to spend a week with the newest family out in Missouri and Papa was the best sport in still wanting to come on his own. Thank you, Papa, for taking such good care of our daughters. They played hard and had the best time with you that they slept in a whole hour more than they usually do! Yay for the chance to sleep in a little! :)

Just before we left...


I chose Prime Rib for my entree...Matt chose the Sea Bass. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of his before he took a bite. :) 


Loved having a night out with just the two of us
 {and all of Trinity's families}


We must be getting old. What sounded good at the end of the night was getting Starbucks, putting our feet up and watching an episode of Hawaii 5-0! Real exciting way to end our night out...but it suited us just fine.



2 comments:

  1. So fun! Thanks for sharing the pics! I know what you mean about not having a lot of opportunities to dress up, and totally agree with your excitement! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...what a beautiful woman I married! I had such a great time with you Ash; let's go again next year!

    ReplyDelete