Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 months for Allie

My sweet baby,
Only 2 more months of considering you a true "baby."  It breaks my heart to see how fast it's gone. Like 10x faster than Reese! I've merely blinked and already I'm starting to think of your 1st birthday. Wasn't I just pregnant? Weren't we just making plans for our trip to deliver you in Alaska?



But with the sadness of her babyhood slipping away comes all the joy and crazy fun of seeing her personality develop, interaction and playtime with Reese, along with discovering new things.



Allie makes us laugh all day long. 
She's spastic, crazy, goofy, full of energy and smiles. She loves to entertain herself, find shoes to eat (such a strange obsession she has), watch Reese make faces and noises and try to imitate them, and will always hold her hand out to you if/when you talk to her.



Here's some highlights at the 10 month mark:

*Loves table food and is so happy when it's eating time -- especially when cheese is on her tray!

*Takes 4 bottles...morning, night and one after each nap

*Weighs 20 lbs

*Is a great napper but still a 10 hour sleeper. Maybe one day when she's 5 this will change. I've accepted the fact that for the near future there's no hope in altering the 6:30am wake-up.

*LoVeS music!! As soon as we turn a song on, she immediately starts bobbing to the beat.

*No interest or desire to pull up. She's fine with kneeling or even putting one foot down to start a pull-up position but just doesn't want to figure out how to go all the way.

*Waves hi and bye

*Really loves sharing a room with her sister. They sleep so much better during the night knowing each other are there. It's just the early mornings that are a bear!

*Allie's nicknames are continuing to grow...they're weird, crazy and so confusing to someone who just happens to hear us say it. The most current ones: Ju Ju Be 'oelle, Juey, Aggie Ju or simply...the Ju.
Poor baby! Thanks for not judging us by our wacky names! ;)

*Has the most beautiful blonde hair! Sometimes I look at her and can't believe she's mine merely because of how blonde she is. My siblings and I all had lots of DARK hair...eventually 3 of us turned blonde but not at 10 months. Love this Mehringer trait coming through. :)



1 comment:

  1. I commented on FB but I just have to say I could have written this. :) Seriously. Karis is bigger than Aliza was (around 22lbs now, that was Aliza's weight at 2!), she's blonder (not as much as your blondie but since there is NO blonde at all in my family her strawberry blonde is enough for me, I'll take what I can get!), she LOVES food, and loves sharing a room with Aliza. Aren't sisters the BEST! I never had any, so it's so sweet and warms my heart to watch them.
    And I hate to tell you this but Aliza has always been a 10 hour sleeper. She's 3 and still gets up between 5 and 6:30 every morning. I no longer even consider 6:30 to be early...

    ReplyDelete