Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reese Meets Grandmom

I love Palm Springs. I've been there more times than I can count on my hands and other then going in June or July when you're so hot it's hard to move let alone enjoy it, Matt and I always say we wish we had a little home there to spend 9 or 10 months out of the year. I'm not sure why Palm Springs other then the fact that we don't have to get on a plane, it's cheap to stay and the weather is PERFECT...while all the rest of the US was experiencing 20 or 30 degree weather and for Alaska probably -degrees, we were basking in early 80s. Ahhh! 

But anyways...the reason we went there this past weekend was to see my Grandmother and for Reese to meet her Great Grandmother (that sounds so crazy) for the first time. We had such a wonderful visit with her and truly soaked up all two days we were together. She spoiled us with incredible lunches and dinners out and even bought a sweet little dress for Reese when she turns one. 









Oh...I love Grandmom more then I can say. She is a precious woman that I am so thankful to be family to. Coming up on 5 years ago we lost her sweet husband to brain cancer...who all of us grandchildren lovingly called Poppy. You may recognize that name because my Dad chose to carry it on and be called Poppy by his grandchildren. So special! For Reese to have the opportunity to meet and spend time with Grandmom did my heart a world of good. It's so hard that we are across the country from each other but I'm grateful we had this time. Thank you for all the loving and spoiling you did for all 3 of us, Grandmom! We loved our visit with you.

2 comments:

  1. fun pix- Dot looks great! SO glad Reese could have time with her great grandma!- Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! you look beautiful ash. grandparents are sooo special. i wish noah could spend more time with his. i'm sure you feel the same way since your parents are so far from CA.

    ReplyDelete