Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 months

Oh this girl...it's a good thing she's so cute because the days (and nights) have become more difficult with her. You just may be catching me at a moment where my daughter won't sleep for longer than 30 minutes and then refuses to go back down (nap time). She's also been crying hard and long when we put her to bed at night and waking up at least twice. Hopefully it's just a phase. I'm praying it's something that will pass and I'll look back and think, did that really happen? Ha! Maybe. 

The other challenge....FOOD! I shouldn't be surprised. Food has never been her friend since she was born. She is so uninterested in it...even all the yummy fruits she's trying get tossed over the side of her Bumbo. The one thing I can count on to be completely gone from her tray when I turn around is cheese. At least I know she's getting her calcium and dairy!

Other than those two things...and that seems to occupy my mind and heart constantly...she's so much fun, such a joy and more precious as the days go by.

Here's a little more of what Miss Reese has been up to:

-Crawling like a Pro! We'll turn around after putting her down and she'll already be in the next room!

-She loves animals and especially dogs! When we read her touch and feel book and get to the doggie page she starts to laugh and then doesn't want to turn the page. If we do, she'll go back through the pages until she finds it.

-She weighs 17 1/2 pounds (25th percentile) and I can't remember her height :/ (they say it so fast and I miss it...but I know she's in the 40th for height)

-For the first time a few mornings ago I found her pulled up on her crib standing. So exciting! This could be the reason behind her troubled sleep.

-She's going to have her first overnighter with Marmee and Papa this weekend. Matt and I are excited to get away but I must admit, it's hard thinking about leaving your baby for the first time. I just hope she's a good girl...and they all get their sleep!

-Reese had her first professional pictures taken at JC Penny. They turned out amazing (a big answer to prayer!) and I can't wait for them to get here so that our girl can finally be on the wall. :)

-Mom continues to pray for wisdom, strength and dependence on the Lord to raise this little one. God has blessed us richly and we give Him all the praise!



Reese loves her Hershey bear!


Our serious girl.


Standing all by myself!


She looks proud of herself for being so messy!



3 comments:

  1. oh my, standing! How fast 10 months has passed. Papa and I pray for that sweet little girl and for her parents (who we think are doing an exceptional job with the Lord's strength)- Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Enjoy it even in the hard moments! You'll never get them back. Just think, in a couple months she'll be walking and talking. Did you ever figure out the blog thing? Did what I say help at all? I'm really horrible at this, but I can try and help some more if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are you guys doing this weekend besides Aroma?

    ReplyDelete