Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yesterday


I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself with this even before a Christmas post is up but I wanted to document yesterday's event. World...meet our littlest Mehringer to debut him or herself sometime around July 14th! This was my first doctor's appointment and they surprised me with not only doing all the yucky exams and blood work but also getting to see our baby! If I had known they were doing this I would have made sure Matt was at this appointment. It was wonderful! He or she was all over the screen kicking, moving, and even did a complete somersault for us! At one point it almost looked like baby got shy because the hands went over it's face looking as if to hide. :) There is a strong good heartbeat at 150 and the doctor said...this little one is a happy kid. Today I am 14 weeks and officially in the second trimester! Thank you Lord for getting me to this place. He has sustained me and I just might be turning the corner on all of this sickness. Praying that's the case!

I am praising the Lord for this wonderful report and little miracle growing inside me. The downer of this appointment...having to get weighed. I'm enjoying that even less this time because the weight wasn't all off from Reese when I got pregnant. That's going to be a challenge that I'll be praying to have the right heart attitude about. I know weight gain is good and important for a healthy baby but it can be such a struggle to know where I was with my first and now where I am. I'm praying that instead of focusing on whether I've gained or not, I'll be working on my response to give God glory no matter the number AND to confess and run from my pride. That's really what it's about.

1 comment: