Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas can come...

Since before I could remember and there are just pictures to show what my early Christmas' were like, I have had my stocking. My great Aunt Jean crocheted it by hand with my name down the front and the best part about it, as a kid, is how big it is! Every year that a new baby came into our home, a handmade stocking from Aunt Jean would arrive just in time to hang it on the mantle. 

The stockings all hung by the chimney with care...

After I got married, my sister Kelly graciously took over the role of making the stockings for our expanding {Ryan} family. For our first Christmas she surprised Matt and I both and sent him his own stocking made just a little differently. I love how it matches yet is set apart. :)

Since we are without a fireplace we've made good use of our bookshelf.

That's why it was such a surprise and delight to find this package in our mailbox this week.



Thank you so much, Kelly, for all the hard work you did in making this for Reese. We are ready for Christmas to come and I can't wait to decorate and hang her stocking right alongside mom and dad's! What a special tradition to keep going!

2 comments:

  1. awww nice work Auntie Kell!! This is soooo adorable :) Ressey Roo I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful gift!- Marmee

    ReplyDelete