Tuesday, December 21, 2010

9 Months

Growing up before my eyes...that's what she's doing! I remember shortly after Reese was born and being at my in-laws for Easter and talking about how Reese would be 9 months old at Christmas. And it's here! Crazy! Only 3 short few months and she'll be 1! I know I kind of cheated a little bit in a previous post talking about what's new with the girl so I'll just add a few more things I want to remember later on. :)

- Reese is now very confident about crawling and is following dad or I wherever we go...I think she's even learning what "come here" means. I LoVe this independence in her. Some may think it's sad that their baby is growing up but for me Reese couldn't be happier about this new ability and that makes for a happy mama!

-She understands who "dada" is and has just started to say it to him. :) I ask her almost every day..."where's daddy?" or "who is daddy" and she will look for him turning her head back and forth. She'll also say "mama" but hasn't figured out exactly who that is. ;)

-With crawling has come a lot more opportunities for instruction and discipline. This has been good for me to think through what we want to instill in Reese and how to respond when she is disobedient. I'm learning to control my frustration when I'm disciplining for the 5th or 10th time and to explain even now that sin has consequences and makes God (and mommy) sad. This has been helpful for me to train myself for when Reese can answer back to me.

- Reese has 4 teeth and they're sharp!

- I'm slowly introducing more "solid food": bread, mashed potatoes, banana and overcooked pasta. If you mom's have any more advice as to what is good transition food I'd love to hear from you!

-Finally in size 3 diapers (although they're quite big on her) and weighs 17 pounds. We'll have her doctor's appointment soon...once Christmas is over.



3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS
    LOVE YOU
    AND LOVE HER!
    I am blessed to have you beautiful ladies in my family! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!! Ashley, are all the Mehringers safe? I've called every contact # I have so hope you will answer & say you are fine. Aunt Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is a dolly for sure :) i love watching her via blogspot. thanks for doing it Ash! ya'll have a very Merry and hope filled Christmas weekend.
    Love U

    ReplyDelete