Friday, December 10, 2010

Through the eyes

I am really enjoying Christmas this year as I experience it through Reese's eyes. The littlest things bring so much excitement and joy. Matt or I will point to the tree and say "Christmas Tree" or "Pretty" and she will laugh out loud. :) It's so fun to watch her touch the branches, pull her hand back and then really think about what she's feeling. She is timid and shy but curious at the same time. 

This year unlike any other I've really enjoyed thinking about Christmas through the eyes of Mary, Jesus' mother and wondered what it must have been like to be the mommy to our Savior. Life is precious. Each child is an amazing miracle formed and created by God. And yet, Mary carried and nurtured Christ the King! Not just any baby and not just a normal human being but God incarnate and at the same time fully human. I'm praying this Christmas that my heart will truly worship and exalt Jesus as the reason we celebrate this time of year. More then gifts or material things, I find my heart latching on to things such as experiences, family time, health, my check list crossed off or finding that one amazing deal at the store. I don't want my Christmas to be focused on those things. In the end...that is the dross and stubble that will be consumed by fire because that's not what matters most. God's Word and the souls of men will last forever and I'm praying that my heart will be fixed on those things. I have so far to go to make that my mindset but this Christmas it is my prayer that my eyes will be fixed on Christ and Him as the reason for this season.



No comments:

Post a Comment