Monday, December 20, 2010

Tea at the Biltmore Hotel

My mother-in-law, Missy, gave us Mehringer girls one of our Christmas presents early by taking us to tea at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. There really aren't grand enough words to describe the beauty, history and elaborate style of this place. It is 85 years old and has housed and entertained many actors, actresses, dignitaries and presidents. Some of the pictures of people we saw as we strolled through hallways were Shirley Temple, Walt Disney, Bette Davis, Clark Gable, Jimmy Stewart and so many others. I felt so special to be in this hotel and experience it's beauty.



In front of the biggest living tree I think I've ever seen!
We were privileged to get a glimpse of the Crystal Ballroom
while they were cleaning the carpets.
The room the tea was held in.


I wish I had taken a picture of the menu. Everything listed was gourmet, exotic and just a little different from any other tea I've been too. We enjoyed every bite and even though the sandwiches, scones and desserts look small we found ourselves quite satisfied when we were finished. 


Something I enjoyed and am glad Missy planned were the Christmas questions we went around the table and answered individually. It was a special time to reminisce about Christmases past, to talk through family traditions we enjoy, or favorite parts of the Christmas season. 

Mostly though I was thankful for the time to be together as women, to talk, laugh and share with each other. Even though we are family, we are busy and we don't always get to just enjoy one another as girls. Thank you for such a wonderful Christmas gift, Missy! We loved our afternoon tea with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment