Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A New Stage

She's gone and done it. Crawling that is. I never thought it would happen. When Reese was only 2 weeks old my sister Diana came to visit and meet Reese. I remember her saying to me, Ash, I can already see Reese crawling around that corner looking for you. I laughed out loud (in my half awake, am I coming or going kind of state) and said, I sure can't! Well...she was right. It's already here.

Reese has never been one for tummy time. She would cry and fuss whenever I put her on her stomach to "play" and though it was no fun to listen to her, I'd try and endure at least 10 minutes just so she would get some exercise and build all the right muscles. My one guarantee that she was at least getting some good tummy time was the fact that she's been sleeping that way ever since she was 3 months old. Reese also never really got a good handle on rolling over. She would do it when she deemed it absolutely necessary but mostly would fuss and get upset that she couldn't move. So you can see why I thought she'd never crawl.



And Wow! She's like a whole new baby! All of a sudden the world has opened up to her and she loves it! She takes her time (for now) getting places but I know that won't be for long. She is so happy to get down on the floor and cruise! When I get on my hands and knees with her she thinks it's the best thing and smiles really big. I love it. She also just finished cutting her 4th tooth and is all better from Roseola so this makes life all the more enjoyable for her. What a blessing with Christmas right around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. she looks like a lil French gal in her tutu!! Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweetie! roseola is NOO fun! glad she is feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete