Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Worth the wait

This is our fourth Christmas together. That's hard for me to believe and yet my scrapbook and pictures all say it's true...this is the fourth tree Matt and I have decorated together, the fourth time we've sung Christmas Carols as a married couple but this is the first year that we are no longer without a tree topper! Every year, in my heart, I've secretly wished that we had our own angel made by my Grandmom to adorn our tree. With all the business I have forgotten to ask her...promising myself I'd do it the next year. Well finally I remembered ahead of time and Grandmom was so happy to oblige. This angel is special because my parents have one (that all of us girls grew up wishing it was our year to put the angel on top but since there was 4 of us...we had to wait 4 years till our next turn. :)) And because Grandmom's tree also has this angel. So you can see it's a special tradition and no amount of pleading from my husband for a temporary star would do. I had to wait for the angel. She's made from the tiniest crocheted stiches, has the sweetest face and beautiful ringlet curled hair and then is dipped in starch to make her stiff. Thank you so much for our angel, Grandmom! We love her!!

So without further ado...here she is!


The one on the right is the one that goes on the tree. ;)



Our home is all decorated now. We did it in stages...we've learned that's kinda what you have to do when you have an 8 month old. 






And I thought I'd show you the finished look after writing about our stockings here.


Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Ash, Matt was 9 months when we flew from East Coast for him to meet his grandparents and spend Christmas in Oregon- same age as Reese!- Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, you are right to have waited for Grandmom's angel. It is beautiful & you have the best of holiday traditions there. merry Christmas to you & Matt & Reese. Love, Aunt Nonnie

    ReplyDelete